Surrogacy Laws – Albuquerque Lawyer
Nationwide, surrogacy law is a growing and evolving area with complex legal issues. In New Mexico, surrogacy laws allow surrogacy and embryo donation, but forbid payment to a surrogate mother for carrying a child beyond payment for medical expenses.
The Law Office of Dorene A. Kuffer provides long-term protection to both traditional and LGBT clients interested in pursuing surrogacy. Dorene, a surrogacy lawyer, works to ensure that intended parents, the surrogate and child are legally protected.
Surrogacy and Embryo Donation
Contact Dorene Kuffer for representation by a family law attorney experienced in the field of surrogacy and embryo donation. As a surrogacy lawyer, Dorene represents both parents and surrogates. She can:
- Negotiate and draft surrogacy contracts
- Resolve disputes through mediation or litigation
- Legally establish parental rights at the end of the process
Dorene is a consummate lawyer who explains every step of the surrogacy and embryo donation process. You’ll experience honest, direct communication as Dorene delivers confidential, compassionate legal advice.
Dorene has practiced family law for more than 28 years, representing clients in traditional surrogacy and gestational surrogacy. The difference between the two:
- Traditional surrogacy is when the carrier uses her own egg, usually fertilized through artificial insemination with the sperm of the intended father or a donor.
- Gestational surrogacy is when the carrier does not use any of her own genetic material to achieve pregnancy.
As you can imagine, each of these carries a different set of legal repercussions that need to be discussed by all parties to the agreement with an experienced surrogacy lawyer before the child is born.
Surrogacy lawyer Dorene Kuffer is dedicated to helping surrogates and families benefit from a straightforward legal experience so that they can focus on the birth of their child. Don’t leave important legalities to chance. Contact us to set up a consultation with Dorene.